[CLAM] [Fwd: Re: SMS for CNMAT] CLAM on OSX

Xavier Amatriain xamat at iua.upf.es
Mon Feb 23 01:13:49 PST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: SMS for CNMAT
Date: 	Mon, 23 Feb 2004 02:36:08 +0100
From: 	Ali Momeni <amomeni at uclink.berkeley.edu>
To: 	xamat at iua.upf.es
<1108.217.126.62.116.1077441093.squirrel at iua-mail.upf.es>
<1065.62.151.116.210.1077491494.squirrel at iua-mail.upf.es>

hello xavier.
i appreciate your help.
i've downloaded the package and am finding no docs on how to proceed.
i understand that it should be straigh forward due to panther's
compatibility with linux but i don't quite know the steps involved.  a
fellow from the list suggested:

> 1- Get 3 CLAM library FFTW, FLTK, and Xerces from CLAM download site.

> 2- Untar CLAM 0.6.0 in a directory with the above unpacked just aside
> (stuffit can do fine)

> 3- export the path to these libraries and the XERCESROOT so that they
> are in your environment if you use bash, put these in your shell
> .profile configuration file so that they are executed everytime a
> shell fires up here is what it looks like for me, change your path
> accordingly. If you use tcsh then use the setenv instead of export
> (type man setenv for details)

> export
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/MyApps/Audio/CLAM/fltk/lib:/MyApps/Audio/CLAM/fftw/lib:/MyApps/Audio/CLAM/xercesc/lib"

> export XERCESCROOT="/MyApps/Audio/CLAM/xercesc"

> 4- Compile the srcdeps program: in $(CLAMtop)/build/srcdeps/ type "make"

> 5- Configure system in $(CLAMtop)/build/ type "autoconf" and after
> type ./configure

> 6- Compile SMSTools in $(CLAMtop)/build/Examples/SMS/Tools type "make
> CONFIG=release"

> 7- Get a beer

i followed the instructions and received some errors.  step 4 resulted in:

> Ali-Momenis-Computer:/Applications/CLAM-0.6.0/build/srcdeps ali$ make

> Makefile:16: listhash.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: objdepname.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: parser.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: config_parser.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: strptr.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: includepaths.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: recursedir.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: list.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: strfuncs.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: hash.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: stack.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: conditions.d: No such file or directory

> Makefile:16: linmain.d: No such file or directory

> gcc -M linmain.c -o linmain.d

> gcc -M conditions.c -o conditions.d

> gcc -M stack.c -o stack.d

> gcc -M hash.c -o hash.d

> gcc -M strfuncs.c -o strfuncs.d

> gcc -M list.c -o list.d

> gcc -M recursedir.c -o recursedir.d

> gcc -M includepaths.c -o includepaths.d

> gcc -M strptr.c -o strptr.d

> gcc -M config_parser.c -o config_parser.d

> gcc -M parser.c -o parser.d

> gcc -M objdepname.c -o objdepname.d

> gcc -M listhash.c -o listhash.d

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 listhash.c -o listhash.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 objdepname.c -o objdepname.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 parser.c -o parser.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 config_parser.c -o config_parser.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 strptr.c -o strptr.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 includepaths.c -o includepaths.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 recursedir.c -o recursedir.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 list.c -o list.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 strfuncs.c -o strfuncs.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 hash.c -o hash.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 stack.c -o stack.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 conditions.c -o conditions.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 linmain.c -o linmain.o

> gcc -c -Wall -O6 mystrdup.c -o mystrdup.o

> gcc listhash.o objdepname.o parser.o config_parser.o strptr.o
> includepaths.o recursedir.o list.o strfuncs.o hash.o stack.o
> conditions.o linmain.o mystrdup.o  -o srcdeps

step 5 in:

> Ali-Momenis-Computer:/Applications/CLAM-0.6.0/build ali$ autoconf
> ./configure

> autom4te: no such file or directory: ./configure

and step 6:

> Ali-Momenis-Computer:/Applications/CLAM-0.6.0/build/Examples/SMS/Tools
> ali$ make CONFIG=release

> ../../../Makefile.rules:21: Makefile.vars: No such file or directory

> ../../../Makefile.rules:22: no file name for `include'

> Generating SOURCES, OBJECTS, DEPENDS and INCLUDES definitions

> ../../../../build/srcdeps/srcdeps settings.cfg > Makefile.vars

> Could not open config file: ../../../../build/system-macosx.cfg for
> reading

> Error: could not include file 'system-macosx.cfg' in line
> ../../../../build/system.cfg:8

> make: *** [Makefile.vars] Error 255

> Ali-Momenis-Computer:/Applications/CLAM-0.6.0/build/Examples/SMS/Tools
> ali$

i changed my .bash_profile file to contain:

> ################################

> # for CLAM

> export
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/Applications/CLAM-0.6.0/external_libs/fftw/lib:/Applications/CLAM-0.6.0/external
> libs/fltk/lib:/Applications/CLAM-0.6.0/external_libs/xercesc/lib"

> export XERCESCROOT="/Applications/CLAM-0.6.0/external_libs/xercesc"

> _
> _

and the folder 'external_libs' the 3 CLAM libraries FFTW, FLTK, and
Xerces from CLAM download site.

so basically, with perhaps too manyd details, i'm telling you i didn't
succeed!

any hints?

thanks,

--