[CLAM] Re: CLAM digest, Vol 1 #63 - 8 msgs

Koen Tanghe Koen.Tanghe at UGent.be
Thu Feb 5 04:59:13 PST 2004

On Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:25 AM [GMT+1=CET],
clam-request at iua.upf.es <clam-request at iua.upf.es> wrote:

> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:08:13 -0500 (EST)
> From: shreeswifty <bigswift at ufl.edu>
> To: clam at iua.upf.es
> Subject: Re: [CLAM] Qt = trouble
>
> Is it just me, but Qt usually equals problems sooner or later.
> Making upgrading hard and compiling more difficult than it should
> actually be?

There is also the wxWindows choice: it exists for Linux, Windows, MacOSX
and other platforms, is quite mature, has a nice license (can be used
both for proprietary AND open source / GPL'd projects) and it has a
large users base. Apart from the GUI aspect, it also has other very
useful cross-platform things like threading, networking, some DB
connectivity, ... It does have a larger "footprint" than FLTK I think.
If you did not yet take a decision about which toolkit to use, you might
want to check it out (but you probably already did :-) ):
http://www.wxwindows.org

Koen