[CLAM] ...SMS/OS X - still no no !

Maarten de Boer mdeboer at iua.upf.es
Tue Feb 24 01:03:22 PST 2004

Hello Ali,

Sorry to hear you are having so much problems with the compilation...

> so the compiling of the SMS Tools example stopped after 3 hours (no

THREE hours?

Sure, CLAM's compilation can be a bit heavy (use of templates), but
this is really unexpectedly long. What kind of hardware do you use?
What compiler version?

Note that on our todo list is reduction of compilation time by using
more forward declarations...

> joke) because i ran out of disk space (!).   now, when i try to

Hmm. On our powerpc, after compilation, the obj/ folder is
in release mode: 36 Mb
(I am recompiling now in debug mode, to tell you how much that is,
and how long it takes)

> compile again i get this error :

That's with the libsndfile you downloaded from our website, right?
Very strange because here it works without a problem.

I am starting to think that these problems may be related with the
version of the compiler you are using.. What does
  gcc --version
say? What version of Mac OS X are you using? We are on 10.2.6, gcc
3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1493)

Maarten