[CLAM] Is time measured in seconds or milliseconds?

Pau Arumí pau.arumi at iua.upf.es
Fri Jan 30 11:25:41 PST 2004

[Vegard wrote :]
> When programming in CLAM, I get very confused whether time/duration is
> measured in seconds or milliseconds. My confusion applies to classes like
> Audio, Frame and Segment. The only place where I can find it documented is
> for Audio, where it is specified as milliseconds. If that is the case for
> the rest, it should be stated so. I know this can create unexpected
> results (also known as bugs) since I just recently discovered one in the
> computation of the temporal centroid descriptor.
>
> What say ye?

Yes, you're right it must be clarified in the documentation (both code
documentation and in the manual)

Although some algorithms (processings) would work independently on the time
unit you use, this is not allways the case ( specially when SamplingRate gets
into the scene!).
Thus, in CLAM you are restricted to *only* use milliseconds.

( I'm writting down a documentation TODO  )

Thanks again for the feedback!

Pau  -- clam devel team