[CLAM] SMSTools linking problems

Matthew Barber brbrofsvl at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 10:17:42 PDT 2004

->
I am facing some problems compiling CLAM 0.6.1 SMS Tools on a debian
unstable, gcc 3.3.4. It seems to compile fine but linking fails. I think
I have installed all required packages, although I am not sure if the
libfltk (libfltk1.1-dev_1.1.4+1.1.5rc1-2_i386.deb) package is
appropriate. I also gave the libfltk 1.4.1tarball (compiled regarding to
the mentioned options in the CLAM docs) a try - but that didn't work
eighter. Can someone give me a hint on what's wrong with my setup? I
pasted config.log and the linking-errors below...<-

I had similar problems with linking.  After grep-ing for the missing
variables, I was able to link it by adding these libraries to the
Makefile.vars file, in the LIBRARIES_RELEASE column:

 -lGL\
 -lGLU\
 -lfltk_gl\
 -lfltk_images

I don't know if this is kosher or not, but it worked for me.  If you
don't have these libraries, I can't help you... I run a redhat/ccrma
setup, and got all the devel libraries I needed from there.

Matt