[CLAM] Xercesc + Debian + PowerPC

David Garcia Garzon dgarcia at iua.upf.es
Wed Mar 31 02:02:00 PST 2004

If you are trying to use CLAM, in a Debian GNU/Linux on the PowerPC,
libxerces23 will crash. If you remove libxerces23 and try the package
libxercesicu23 instead it will work without problems.

This solution works well but it would be nice to report the bug to the debian
crew. I think that this may be due to the fact that non-icu transcoding
algorithms in xercesc doesn't deal with native local multibyte encoding with
powerpc endianess. A good starting point for a debian bug report could be:

Passing an XMLCh* obtained with: xercesc::XMLString::transcode("SomeString");
to any XercesC function, like DOMDocument::createElement, gives an 'Illegal
Char error'.

Can anyone with a debian powerpc confirm this or contact me for compiling a
proof of concept?

--
David García Garzón <david.garcia at removespam.iua.upf.es>
Phone: 034 93 542 21 99