[CLAM] the CLAM-devel web

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.es
Wed May 26 09:01:46 PDT 2004

Hi all !

After Xavier's mail on "success stories", here comes another mail to announce
new actions in the line of promoting a ''clamming community''.

We've created a new space (the "devel" section) in our web with information
about the general direction that CLAM development is taking, the more
specific tasks, the proposals documents, and how all the ongoing progress is
taking place. We hope you'll find it quite interesting.

CLAM users might be wondering about the tasks the devel team is working on (or
if they are working at all!). Or even wondering about master lines for the
future releases. Having visibility, somehow, on both future lines and the
ongoing progress could be very interesting. Specially for users waiting for
specific features to be added to CLAM, but also for us (the devel team),
since that could encourage users to give us concrete feedback: which new
features/fixes are interesting and wich are not, which have the highest
priority, etc.

In the CLAM web you'll find this new ''devel'' section :
http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/clam/devel  (This is the first version, we expect to
keep it evolving).

There you'll find a the development roadmap, with the main current and future
lines of development, and how this is articulated with the more concrete
"tories": the iteration planning and the progress of current iteration (with
a bar chart). You'll see that we are using an eXtreme-Programming-inspired
planning process (small iterations of 2 weeks, with stories that represents
small chunks of progress).

We recommend to visit now and then the iteration-progress chart, we keep it
updated every day!

pau at clamdevel