[CLAM] RTTI Error

tommainn at tin.it tommainn at tin.it
Wed Oct 20 07:12:37 PDT 2004

Hi! I'm an italian student and this is my first message. I'm writing to
this mailing list because I've a problem with CLAM.
I've downloaded all the required library for CLAM 0.61:
FLTK 1.1.4
Xercesc 2.3.0 (but I've tried the 2.5.0 too)
FFTW 2.1.5
libsndfile 1.0.10
libmad 0.15.1
Ogg-Vorbis 1.0.1
id3lib 3.8.3
Mesalib 6.2
PThreads for win32
DirectX 9.0c SDK

I compiled the SMS project with Visual Studio 6 SP6 and with .NET 2003 and
in different machine with WinXP Pro SP2, Win2000Pro. In all cases the compiler
shows no error. I execute the program, but when I try to load the configuration
file config.xml (in CLAM-PATH\build\Examples\SMS) during the "Loading XML
configuration file" the program ends with this Runtime error:

class __non_rtti_objectAccess violation - no RTTI data!
Abnormal Program Termination

I found the same abnormal termination when I try to "Edit" a configuration.

This error occurs in all examples that read from xml files, but not in cases
of writing those files (FFT example works fine).
This is why I think to have some problem with Xercesc and so I've tried
the 2.5.0 too, but nothing's changed.

I read the ReleaseDocumentation.pdf but the option RTTI is already enabled.
Other options like "Use run-time library" are set to "Debug Multithreared
DLL" for Debug and "Multithreaded DLL" for Release. After all this options
are default setting for SMSTools project.

So I hope someone can Help me!
With Best Regards
Tommaso Innocenti