[CLAM] CLAM 0.7 Configuration on OS X.3

Paul Kosek kosek at music.mcgill.ca
Wed Jan 12 09:49:50 PST 2005

Hello

I am trying to install/configure CLAM 0.7 with the overall intent of
modifying and compiling SMSTools.  My current problem is that I cannot get
anything to compile.

Here's what I want to know, if anyone can help it would be GREATLY
appreciated:

1. Is configuration OK?

The final output of ./configure is:
----------
checking libraries needed for id3... id3 z
checking compiling, linking and running with fftw... ok
checking compiling, linking and running with sfftw... ok
checking compiling, linking and running with xerces... ok
checking compiling, linking and running with fltk... ok
checking compiling, linking and running with qt... failed
configure: error:
Configure-checks for qt failed.
Please check the configure output to see which checks failed, and the
config.log file for more details.
Note that you can disable the use of qt altogether, running configure
with the
  --without-qt
option.

See `config.log' for more details.
---------

config.log is a litany of failed programs, for example
--------
configure:2079: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:2: error: parse error before "me"
configure:2082: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif
--------
--------
configure:2270:28: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:2277: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 2262 "configure"
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "test"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "test"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.1"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "test 0.1"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "clam at iua.upf.es"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
---------
and these:
configure:1655: $? = 1
configure:2082: $? = 1
configure:2277: $? = 1
configure:2384: $? = 1
configure:2537: $? = 1
configure:2718: $? = 1
configure:2829: $? = 1
configure:2936: $? = 1
configure:3343: $? = 1
configure:3732: $? = 1
configure:4665: $? = 1
configure:6028: $? = 1
configure:6028: $? = 1
configure:6028: $? = 1
configure:6672: $? = 1
configure:6736: $? = 1
configure:7153: $? = 1
configure:7190: $? = 1
configure:8397: $? = 1
configure:8397: $? = 1
configure:8397: $? = 1
configure:9219: $? = 1
configure:9256: $? = 1
configure:9892: $? = 1
configure:9929: $? = 1
configure:10559: $? = 1
configure:10596: $? = 1
configure:11228: $? = 1
configure:11265: $? = 1
configure:12443: $? = 1
configure:13463: $? = 1

1.1 I am using autoconf -f, autoconf v. 2.57
1.2 there is no and never was a configure.macosx in the build dir, as
suggested by doc 12.1
1.3 there is a packages-posix.cfg.in, but no packages-posix.cfg in build
1.4 DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Code_resources/clam_builds/fftw/lib/:/Code_resources/clam_builds/fltk/lib/:/Code_resources/clam_builds/id3lib/lib/:/Code_resources/clam_builds/libmad/lib/:/Code_resources/clam_builds/libsndfile/lib/:/Code_resources/clam_builds/oggvorbis/lib/:/Code_resources/clam_builds/xercesc/lib/:/Code_resources/clam_builds/qt/lib/

2. Which external libraries do I really need?
 I have, as supplied by iua.upf.es download
	fftw
	fltk
	id3lib
	libmad
	libsndfile
	oggvorbis
	xercesc
and from trolltech.com:
	qt 3

2.1 qt took over 2 hours to make.  I followed trolltech instructions
exactly.  It still does not compile and link.  Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.  I can supply much more information if you
would like.

Paul C. Kosek
MA2, Music Technology, McGill University