[CLAM] Clam and OSX

Daniel Bisig dbisig at ifi.unizh.ch
Tue Jan 25 13:00:13 PST 2005

Hi all,

I trying to get started with Clam on OSX 10.3. I stumbled over a few
things during installation of Clam on this plattform. For some reason
the ./configure would recognize my portmidi porttime and portaudio
installations. All the other dependencies I've sorted out so far but
for these I failed miserably. All the portxxxx libraries are in
/usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include. In case of portmidi and portime
./configure can't find my libraries at all and in case of portaudio it
complains about the function Pa_CountDevices being undefined. Thats
fairly strange since I can call this function without any problems from
some test code I just wrote.

Therefore, I ended up configuring CLAM without portmidi, porttime and
portaudio. This at leasts resulted in a working version which allowed
me to successfully test some of the examples.

Another question that bugs me concerns the combination of XCode and
Clam. Has anybody tried to combine XCode with the build system of Clam?

Thanks and best regards

      Daniel