[CLAM] setting up CLAM (Xerces and other issues)

Jay LeBoeuf jleboeuf at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jul 28 15:01:29 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm excited to get CLAM / SMSTools up and running, and could use a little help.

First off, I'm running Fedora Core 3 with Planet CCRMA.  After seeing most of
the required libraries show up as missing after running ./configure, I added
as many as possible via Synaptic Package Manager.

XERCES
My biggest remaining issue is installation of Xerces.
I found a redhat binary, but it wasn't clear how I'd actually install it so
that the ./configure script would find it.  Any ideas for me?

XMLPP / PortAudio / PortMIDI /
These are also failing on ./configure.  Again, since I'm relatively new to
Linux, the installation of these items is still a bit of a minor mystery to
me.  I appreciate your help in advance.

thanks,
-Jay LeBoeuf