[Fwd: Re: [CLAM] Network Editor: moc]

Vegard Sandvold vegard.sandvold at notam02.no
Wed Jun 1 04:23:26 PDT 2005

On Wed, June 1, 2005 12:21, Ed Kelly said:
> Hi Vegard,
>
> well for some reason it doesn't find any of the
> libraries or can't link to them. I have a couple of
> questions, where is the clam sandbox?

In the clam manual
(http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/clam/ReleaseDocumentation-html/index.html),
sandbox referes to the place on the file system where you gather the clam
source code and all the required external libraries (/root/software/Clam/
in your case).

> And, when you
> installed fedora 3, did you install "everything" from
> the disks?

I did a FC3 Workstation install, including all packages required to work
with software development.

FFTW, and many other music-related software libraries, are not part of
fedora linux. This is why we install PlanetCCRMA on top of fedora. How to
install the planet is described very well on the ccrma website
(http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/). The planet mailinglist
is also a very good place to look for and ask for help.

Very briefly, you should do the following to install PlanetCCRMA for
software developement:
- Download and install apt from the ccrma website.
- Run "apt-get update"
- Install the low latency kernel and audio drivers with "apt-get install
planetccrma-core"
- Run "apt-get dist-upgrade"
- Install audio applications and libraries with "apt-get install
planetccrma-audioapps-devel"

And just a small correction to my last reply; install fftw with "apt-get
install fftw-devel" to get the library header files aswell.

Vegard