[CLAM] QT problem during configure

Rodrigo Segnini rsegnini at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jun 6 07:21:23 PDT 2005

Que tal gente!

I was able to configure clam --without-qt/qwt/portmidi/portaudio in my
Linux 2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma, and compile the code that creates an xml
file called FFT_example.xml. Would like to move to more substantial
tests, but I guess I need to solve the QT dependency at some point.

Three questions:

1- portmidi & portaudio are not used in linux, right?
2- where's the SMStools source code suggested in the README?
3- what to do about QT? this is what configure reports while running:

(...)
checking qt usage specified... yes (default)
checking qt header(s) found... yes: /usr/lib/qt-3.1/include
yes: /usr/lib/qt-3.1/include, assuming lib-dir /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
checking libraries needed for qt... qt-mt
checking qwt usage specified... yes (default)
checking qwt in sandbox... searching headers
checking qwt/qwt_math.h for qwt in sandbox... no
checking qwt header(s) found in sandbox... no
checking qwt has pkg-config... no
checking qwt/qwt_math.h usability... yes
checking qwt/qwt_math.h presence... yes
checking for qwt/qwt_math.h... yes
checking qwt/qwt_math.h for qwt in standard locations... yes
checking qwt header(s) found in standard locations... yes
checking libraries needed for qwt... qwt
(...)

pretty normal, uh?! yet this is what appears in config.log:

(...)
configure:13434: checking compiling, linking and running with qt
configure:13465: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/lib/qt-3.1/include
-L/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib -lqt-mt conftest.cc  >&5
configure:13468: $? = 0
configure:13470: ./conftest
./configure: line 1:  1028  segmentation fault (core dumped)
./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:13473: $? = 139
configure: program exited with status 139
(...)

that is, here: checking compiling, linking and running with qt... failed

My $QTDIR is pointed as configure assumes, and QT is >= 3.0; then why?

Any help is appreciated,

Rodrigo