[CLAM] SALTO for my home made wind controller....

basile.graf at epfl.ch basile.graf at epfl.ch
Wed Jun 29 09:22:50 PDT 2005

Hello everybody!

I spend some months (>12) of occasional work building a MIDI wind controller.
While building it and spending a not at all negigable amount of money for it
(think about the poor student soldering in his cave :-), I was naively thinking
that in year 2005 _AFTER_ Jesus Christ, it would be no problem to find any kind
of software synthesis solution on the WWW...
So here I am, proudly sitting on a not so bad working wind controller, able to
controll nothing else than synthetizers designed for keyboards and other DJ
things. You can certainly imagine my frustration, not beeing able to use the
mouthpiece I made for other purposes than volume controll or so.

So, after long hours of unfruitfull googleing, I stumbled on the SALTO web page.
I first thougth the world wasn't that cruel after all but quickly find out there
was only source code around.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad at compiling big projects (I did a "hello world"
once!) and I feel very unsure facing all these libraries and other evil things
like that.

So here is my question: is there any way to get a copy of a (Windows XP) copiled
SALTO programm to test my MIDI sax with it???

If you're curious, you can see some pictures and details of my controller at:
      http://grafelectronique.ifrance.com/saxoweb/pagewebsax.html

In advance, thank you very much!! And sorry for my long mail :)

Sincerely,

Basile Graf
(Switzerland) (Yes I do eat chocolate...)