[CLAM] Hoping I Could Get An Answer To My Deployment Issues

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 18 16:25:06 PDT 2005

Hi,

You did not get any answer because:

a) CLAM current release does not officially support Windows or Visual
Studio.

b) We are currently working in a new build system that will hopefully
make it much easier to work with CLAM with other platforms.

c) The way that you ask the questions clearly state that you are no
expert in MSVisual and I am afraid that, until we release our new build
system, you will have many problems compiling CLAM.

I would suggest that in the meantime you get a good book on Visual
Studio or, better still, you switch to Linux :)

And... yes. The documentation is outdated, any help in that direction
will be greatly appreciated.

jburke at cs.kent.edu wrote:
> Attn. clam at iua.upf.es:
>
> Not too long ago I sent this:
>
> "I am currently reading the ReleaseDocumentation.pdf and I am a bit
> confused about the process of deploying CLAM on MS Windows, in general.
> For one thing, when I look on pages 10 and 11 (18 and 19 according to
> Adobe) and then later on at page 19 (27 according to Adobe) listing the
> USE_ variables, there are some variables listed on page 19 which don't
> seem to correspond to dependancies listed on pages 10 and 11.  For
> instance, RTAUDIO.  On page 19, the explanation for what the USE_RTAUDIO
> does is that it "Tells the build system to make applications to link
> against RtAudio. Note that this variable only has effect on Microsoft
> Windows(c) systems."  So why isn't RtAudio listed on page 11 under the
> "Only on Windows:" bulleted item.  Also, I have CLAM-0.7.0 and, after
> looking through "packages-win.cfg", I noticed a HAS variable named
> "HAS_MAD".  Yet I do not see anywhere in ReleaseDocumentation.pdf which
> describes what kind of dependancy this actually is.
>
> I am also having this deployment issue.  When I try to open srcdeps.dsw as
> per the instructions on page 14, which say "Open the Visual workspace file
> srcdeps.dsw located on..." under section "16.3 Setup on MS Visual Studio",
> I get the following message:
>
> "The project 'srcdeps.dsp' must be converted to the current Visual C++
> project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit
> this project in previous versions of Visual Studio.
>
> Convert and open this project?"
>
> This is despite the facts that 1) I have CLAM-0.7.0 and that, 2) according
> to the table on page 3 VisualC++ 7.1 is fully supported and 3) the
> sentence which begins with "All of them are generated using Microsoft
> VisualC++ 7.1.(.NET)" on page 12.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?"
>
> I am sending this to say that I am still having trouble and that
> suggestions would be welcome.

  *          Xavier Amatriain   		  *
  *          Research Director 		  *
  *  		  CREATE		  *
  * University of California Santa Barbara *