[CLAM] SMSTools / Network Editor - crashes

Jay LeBoeuf jleboeuf at ccrma.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 18 16:46:56 PDT 2005

Hi Xavier,

I'm using PlanetCCRMA with FC3, and all seems well with other ALSA apps.
(AlsaPlayer, Audacity, etc)

When SMSTools quits, it does output :

          terminate called after throwing an instance of 'SndPcmError'
          what():
          Aborted

The alsa highlights of my CLAM configure script seemed to indicate (to me)
that all was working :

    checking alsa usage specified... yes (default)
    checking alsa in sandbox... searching headers
    checking alsa/asoundlib.h for alsa in sandbox... no
    checking alsa header(s) found in sandbox... no
    checking alsa has pkg-config... yes
    checking compiling, linking and running with alsa... ok
    alsa         YES     SUCCESS      HAS_ALSA=1 , USE_ALSA

Is this helpful ?  Anything else you'd recommend?  (I rebuilt everything,
but with no luck)
thanks,
-Jay