[CLAM] Re: Sinusoidal Tracks (was CLAM question)

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 27 17:22:02 PDT 2005

Hi Matija,

CLAM stores sinusoidal tracks in an unusual but efficient way. If you
look at the SpectralPeakArray class you will notice that this class has
an IndexArray attribute. This array of indices can be used in several
ways and one of them is to store track indices.

The basic rule is that peaks belonging to different frames but to the
same sinusoidal track should have the same index. In the case of
harmonic frames this index also indicates the harmonic number but in
inharmonic frames it does not have any meaning except that it is a
different track.

Hope it helps.

matija.marolt at fri.uni-lj.si wrote:
> Hello;
>
> sorry to bother you, but I am sort of desperate;
> we have been using CLAM for our melody-extraction project, especially
> the SMS analysis part, and we still haven't found out how to get
> information on sinusoidal tracks found in analysis;
>
> we can get info on individual analysis frames: spectral peaks and their
> magnitudes, frequencies, and phases, but I can't seem to find a way to get
> information how these peaks connect through time into tracks, which is also
> what SMS does?
>
> I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with this,
> thanks,
> Matija Marolt.
>

> -------
> dr. Matija Marolt
> University of Ljubljana
> Faculty of Computer and Information Science
> Laboratory of Computer Graphics and Multimedia

  *          Xavier Amatriain   		  *
  *          Research Director 		  *
  *  		  CREATE		  *
  * University of California Santa Barbara *