[CLAM] build problem mac CLAM 0.90

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.es
Mon Feb 20 15:02:05 PST 2006

En/na George Tourtellot ha escrit:
> hi Pau,
> What I really want is to build code used by Tutorial
> and example apps, so I can start learning CLAM.
>
> But typing 'make' in CLAM-0.90.0/examples/Tutorial
> gives error:
>
> Makefile:4: ../../unix_tools/make.rules: No such file
> or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `../../unix_tools/make.rules'.  Stop.

These tutorial files are definitely old and deprecated.
They won't compile. What to do with them (remove, update)
has to be decided...

> So I thought building tests might give me info.  I get
> errors at step 3) of your instructions.  The error
> messages are shown below.
>

>>1. cd to CLAM/build/srcdeps and 'make'
>>2. cd to CLAM/build and do 'autoconf' and
>>'./configure'
>>3. cd to CLAM/build/Tests/UnitTests and 'make
>>depend', 'export
>>CONFIG=debug' and 'make'
>>That should compile the automatic (unit) tests.
>

> at step 3) I get error messages:
>
> Generating SOURCES, OBJECTS, DEPENDS and INCLUDES
> definitions
> ../../../build/srcdeps/srcdeps settings.cfg >
> Makefile.vars
> settings = settings.cfg
> srcfile = (null)
> verbose = false
> progress = true
>
> srcdeps: error: configuration specifies USE_FFTW=1,
> but HAS_FFTW!=1
> make: *** [depend] Error 255
>
> (even though I have all the *fftw* files in
> /usr/local/lib/)

Seems that the old build system have problems detecting fftw
in Mac. In linux I'm sure it works (and I can help with related issues.)
Sorry to sound so deceiving, but at this point core developers are
busy fixing and enhansing applications (and other tasks), and the old
build system is not maintained anymore.

On the other hand, tell you that we are about to start brand-new
documentation (in a wiki) also with new code tutorials.
We'll keep you informed.

Pau