[CLAM] Building MIDISynthesizer

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.es
Mon Mar 13 05:23:26 PST 2006

En/na Nafarrete Family ha escrit:
> Trying to build MIDISynthesizer in CLAM-0.90.0, get errors:
>
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ControlMapper.hxx': No
> such file or directory
>
> error C2660: 'Pm_OpenInput' : function does not take 7 arguments
>
> error C2664: 'Pm_WriteSysEx' : cannot convert parameter 3 from 'char *'
> to 'unsigned char *'
>
> Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory
>
> Cannot open include file: 'dxerr8.h': No such file or directory
>
> Any sage advice from the gallery?  Using MS Visual C++ 2005 (Ver 8.0).
>
> Thanks, +Sal

Hi,
All the examples in the Examples dir are still to be ported to
the new build system (library based).
On the other hand, the old build system works fine on Linux (and
probably on Mac) but not on Windows.

One of the scheduled things for next releases is providing
simple examples (like MIDISynthesizer) and tutorials working on
the new build system.
But our development resources are rather limited and we're
handling other priority tasks at the moment.

Anyway, the code is there and anyone can try to make it work on
Windows and send a patch, of course.

Best,

Pau