[CLAM] Call for Papers: Audio and Music Computing for Multimedia Workshop

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Thu May 11 21:33:32 PDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

For the first time we are organizing a workshop entirely devoted to Audio
and Music in the context of the ACM Multimedia Conference. Please consider
submitting a paper and help us spread the word.

Xavier Amatriain

----------------------

http://www.create.ucsb.edu/amcmm06

Call for Papers

ACM Multimedia is the preeminent gathering of multimedia practitioners
from around the world. Its unique interleaving of researchers from
different fields, and of artists, creates a perfect forum for addressing
all aspects of multimedia computing: from enabling technologies to
applications, from theoretical foundations to experimental systems and
art, and from servers to network devices to human-computer interfaces. In
this context, we invite your participation in the first Audio and Music
Computing for Multimedia (AMCMM'06) workshop.

We seek high-quality and original papers that together present an eloquent
and wide-ranging overview of the latest groundbreaking research in the
field. For broad impact, we will encourage papers that combine a
comprehensive overview of advances in a particular area with descriptions
of innovative and original research. We also encourage contributions
related to the use of Audio and Music Computing in Multimedia applications
or environments.

Topics can include, but are not limited to, any of the following in the
list:

    * Digital Audio Signal Computing
    * Audio and Music Analysis and Synthesis
    * Audio and Music Streaming and Encoding
    * Audio- and Music-centered Multimedia Tools and Applications
    * Interactive Audio and Music Systems
    * Audio in Virtual Environments and Augmented Reality Applications
    * Music in Virtual Environments in Games and Other Applications
    * Music Information Retrieval
    * Audio Surveillance Systems
    * Virtual and 3D Audio

Visit http://www.create.ucsb.edu/amcmm06 for more information.