[CLAM] Problem configuring clam

David Garcia Garzon dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Oct 6 06:16:07 PDT 2006

A Divendres, 6 de Octubre de 2006 14:12, Paolo Fagni va escriure:
> Hello again, I'm really sorry about all the problems I'm posting here,
> I hope you wont hate me :D

No, problem. We really like to attend your questions. Your feedback has popped
out some problems and solutions like the KeySpace fonts. And this thread
seems to be as productive as the other one.

> Everything now works as a charm for me, clam lib and annotator (patched
> for the key note view problem). I'm now building packages to let others
> Arch linux users enjoy your work...

That would be great! Once you can get them built it would be nice to have at
clam download page some instructions for Ark Linux users on how to obtain and
install such packages. So keep us up to date on any progress. We'll try to
help you as much as we can.

> but I'm not able to make clam
> configure itself anymore.
> Nothing has changed except the installation
> of qt4 on my system.
> When I try to configure with "scons configure" I get this :
> #########################################
> ### CLAM VMQT DEPENDENCIES CHECKING   ###
> #########################################
> Checking for C header file GL/gl.h... yes
> Checking for glBegin() in C library GL... no
> Could not find OpenGL library! Please install the development library
> supplied by your OpenGL driver vendor
>
> The crazy thing is that ~15 lines before I get this :
> #########################################
> ### CLAM VMFL DEPENDENCIES CHECKING   ###
> #########################################
> Checking for C header file GL/gl.h... yes
> Checking for glBegin() in C library GL... yes
>
> I really don't understand :(

Me neither. The file scons/libs/config.log would give us more information on
the failure.

Some hints: CLAM libs, Annotator and SMSTools are built with qt3 while Network
Editor is built against qt4. The failure above its about qt3. Maybe, by
installing qt4, qt3 development packages were dropped. On Debian based
distributions, you can have both qt4 and qt3 development packages installed
on the same box. Some other systems, like Fedora, may require the variable
QTDIR to be properly defined to point qt3 or qt4. It is also possible that
your distribution do not allow both to be installed at the same time which
should be a distribution bug, because qt4 was designed to work having qt3
installed.

Any way if it was this the error message is not that explicit.

--
David García Garzón <david.garcia at removespam.iua.upf.es>
Phone: 034 93 542 21 99

believed to be clean.