[CLAM] Font problem in Annotator

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Oct 6 14:34:05 PDT 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 13:42, Paolo Fagni wrote:
> Thank you, your patch worked fine, surprisingly even the ruler's
> numbers are now ok, and I've only modified KeySpace.cxx

That's weird. Rulers and KeySpace are supposed to be drawn on different openGL
contexts. Is no good that by modifying one context it alters another one. The
patch its on the cvs since some days ago. So this problem will be hopefully
solved on the new upcomming release. I hope that this would solve also
Windows problems with fonts on some videocards but still not tested.

> Thank you, your help has been precious!

Your are wellcome.

> > That's a known problem that happens just on some computers. We
> > recently solved that on the KeySpace view. You can append those two
> > lines at the end of CLAM::VM::KeySpace::initializeGL method at
> > src/InstantViews/KeySpace.cxx
> >
> > 	glEnable(GL_BLEND);
> > 	glBlendFunc (GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
> >
> > For the numbers on the rulers i suppose that the solution should be
> > the same one. I think that those two lines should be placed at any
> > place on Ruler::paintGL before calling Draw() at
> > vmqt/widget/vmRuler.cxx Not sure. Just try it. I cannot try them
> > because on my home computer was working properly even without those
> > lines. :-/
> >
> > On Thursday 05 October 2006 23:35, Paolo Fagni wrote:
> > > Hello again, with your help I managed to install correctly clam
> > > library and Annotator .
> > >
> > > Everything works fine excwpt for a little problem with font
> > > rendering in the key space view.
> > >
> > > Here you can find a screenshot
> > > http://pran.homeunix.org/~stonedz/screenshot.png
> > >
> > > Any idea? If it helps I have qt 4.1.4.