[CLAM] Clam API for direct use in C++

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sat Apr 7 16:16:57 PDT 2007

En/na David García Garzón ha escrit:
> On Dissabte 07 Abril 2007, stuart duncan wrote:
>> Dear Clam,
>>
>>   First of all huge thank you to the developers at CLAM, it looks a
>> fantastic. I'm having dependency problems building the CLAM libraries on
>> windows, and wondered if anyone had prebuilt DLLs. I'm actually looking to
>> do some development with the CLAM API and am interested in having the CLAM
>> framework libraries themselves. I was able to find source code but due to
>> some dependencies problems on my system, I am unable to build the CLAM
>> Windows dll's.  I was hoping another developer/user had already built them
>> and would be willing to share?
>>
>>   Thank you for your continuing Support
>
> Hello, Stuart. Thanks for the interest. As Pau told you, we are on the process
> of having a reproducible build environment in windows. That means reproduce
> the build environment we had in the old windows testfarm box while, in the
> process, generating documentation on how to obtain/build dependencies,
> documentation how to build the library itself and providing some binaries
> libraries so you can skip some steps.
>
> We are currently on Eastern holydays and still working, but don't expect that
> much until next week.
>
> I think Pau is putting his *preliminar* outcomes on the wiki:
> http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Windows_build

Right I wrote that yesterday, but I got stuck downloading the "platform
sdk" that contains windows.h header (and others i hope) in order to
compile directx.
The problem is that my virtualized windows is not recognized as
"genuine" by MS and so I can't download the platform sdk package. :-(
And let alone all the manual configuration you are told to do with this
sdk. I really wonder why it's so complicated setting up libs in windows
while so easy in linux or mac osx!

So my path will take some more days...

Pau