[CLAM] Problems with MultiChannelAudioFileWriter

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Apr 30 20:32:38 PDT 2007

On Dilluns 30 Abril 2007, Fabio Furlanete wrote:
> Hi list

Hi Fabio. Welcome to the list.

> Sorry for the subject of the last message. I'll start again:

So i suppose i should answer this one. :-)

> Thank you (again) for the amazing framework. We are using it in
> our lab at UNICAMP/Brasil and we are impressed with it.

Thanks. We are interested on the kind of things you want to do with CLAM.

> I have two newby questions:
> 1) I can read mono audio files with MultiChannelAudioFileReader but I
> can't write them with MultiChannelAudioFileWriter. When I've tried to
> do this I've got a segfault. The code is attached. Is it correct? I'm
> using the deb package for (k)ubuntu feisty.

Does that happen with multichannel audio files? Maybe it is due to an
configuration over restriction. You don't transfer other file parameters such
as the samplerate.

A backtrace could be useful. You can generate it by running:

$ gdb ./MyProgram
(gdb) run parameter1 parameter2
Segmentation Fault ....
,,,,,
(gdb) bt
...Here, the backtrace will appear...

> 2) What is the standard interface to read and write files:
> MultiChannel/MonoAudioFileReader/Writer or AudioFileIn/Out? Why are
> there two different interfaces?

AudioFileIn and AudioFileOut are deprecated and i hope they get removed on the
next release. The new-but-not-so-new classes were added to cope with mp3 and
ogg particularities while keeping the old code working. Now all the
AudioFileIn/Out user code has been removed.