[CLAM] synthesizing SMS models in Pd

Xavier Amatriain xavier at amatriain.net
Fri Dec 14 14:21:18 PST 2007

Hi Rich,

As Richard said the 1SFT data is ready to go into the IFFT. A different
story is what you need to do afterwards to
get a smooth synthesized sound. I am not sure what *window* you are
talking about because there are two involved in the
process. The analysis window, which by default is a BlackmanHarris92
with a 75% overlap. You need to multiply by the
inverse of this window after the SFFT. And then a completely independent
triangular window with a size equal to twice
the analysis hop and overlap 50%. This is the one in charge of getting a
smooth overlap and add process in place.

Hope it helps.