[CLAM] Network Editor: Looks fine but no action/sound?

Johan Ekenberg johan at ekenberg.se
Mon Feb 26 02:06:24 PST 2007

On Monday 26 February 2007 10:57, Pau Arumi wrote:
> En/na Johan Ekenberg ha escrit:
> >> It may be a bug we recently detected: the flow control doesn't cope with
> >> certain audio system buffer sizes. It leads to some token passing
> >> deadlock and the results are the same you are saying. But we are still
> >> caracterizing
> >
> > I tried raising the period to 512 frames and it works. The latency starts
> > to suck of course (now at 34 msec), but there is sound. Perhaps low
> > latency is not an option doing heavy analysis and processing with Clam?
> > Perhaps it's not even relevant?
>
> Interesting. And this goes in the direction of David's suspicions.
> There's a bug in the FlowControl when deciding how to do the
> (processing) firings. Under the conditions of call-back driven.
> We'll work on this problem today.

Great. Let me know if I can help in any way. I started debugging it last
night, but it was too late (or early) and I couldn't figure out how to have
gdb find all the source files etc. It didn't let me put breakpoints in
PushFlowControl.cxx - said it didn't know about the file.

> I've filled information for this bug and added a new one about the crash
> related to disconnecting from  SMSAnalysisCore.
> Feel free to fill further bugs in the bug-tracker. However, it's also
> good to give notice to the list so we are aware of it.
> http://clam.iua.upf.edu/bugreporting.html

Thanks. After posting I realized I should probably have gone looking for a
specific bugreporting page. Will go there next time!

/Johan