[CLAM] Packaging error: CLAM-0.99.0.tar.gz

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Mon Feb 26 03:45:13 PST 2007

En/na Johan Ekenberg ha escrit:
>> Btw, are you compiling the latest version from svn?
>>
> No, this is the latest stable version from the homepage. The about-page says "Network editor version 0.4.4~svn09702 + CLAM 0.99.0~svn09702"

Thanks you also raised this. It shows a clear mismatch between the
package version and the version found in the app. If it comes from the
stable version it should show 0.4.3 + CLAM 0.98.0

I first though it was a bug in  SConstruct+versionInfo.py, (even filed a
bug, #187) but then I realized that in download/src we indeed had the
package CLAM-0.99.0.tar.gz and corresponding apps. This was a packaging
error! 0.99 has not been released yet and those tarballs should have
been marked as 0.99.0~svn09702, and should have gone in the
"svnsnapshots" dir. I've already removed these files from the web.

And now I also understand why Fernando Lopez-Lezcano found those strange
problems compiling "last stable release" while doing packages.

So, I recommend you to use either svn or last svnsnapshot.

In my last entry in the planet (http://clam.iua.upf.edu/planet/) I
commented the goodness of having automated releases. Well, now I see its
dangerous side too...

Pau

The removed files:

CLAM-0.99.0.tar.gz