Re: [CLAM] Network Editor: Looks fine but no action/sound?

Johan Ekenberg johan at ekenberg.se
Sun Feb 25 15:55:01 PST 2007

> It may be a bug we recently detected: the flow control doesn't cope with
> certain audio system buffer sizes. It leads to some token passing deadlock
> and the results are the same you are saying. But we are still caracterizing

I tried raising the period to 512 frames and it works. The latency starts to suck of course (now at 34 msec), but there is sound. Perhaps low latency is not an option doing heavy analysis and processing with Clam? Perhaps it's not even relevant?

In another project where I do a lot of FFT and pitch detection, I let the jack callback just append to an internal ring buffer which is significantly larger than the jack buffer, and then a separate thread does work on the ring buffer as soon as it fills up. That way I can use extreme low latency settings in jack (3-4 msec) and still not get any xruns because of computational delays.

/Johan