[CLAM] CLAM 0.97 released

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jan 3 06:05:58 PST 2007

Another release in the series of "often releases" till 1.0. The code-name
for this release is *Debian Packages: less is more* as we have reduced the
number of debian packages. Now all clam libraries comes packaged in a
single .deb. In addition, we now keep architecture independent example
data in different packages. In the future we plan to extract functionality
and dependencies form the big package to to smaller plugins-like packages.
Audio back-ends, codecs and processing collections are good candidates for
this. It is actually that the road gstreamer and other projects take, by
the way.

Remember that you can install them by adding a new source in your
/etc/apt/sources.list

  deb http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/linux-debian-sid ./
  deb http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/linux-ubuntu-edgy ./
  deb http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/linux-ubuntu-feisty ./

Next release 0.98 (due very soon) will take MacOSX packages definitively
back. By now, the CLAM build system is already prepared for mac, so if you
want to compile the apps, you'll find instructions in this how-to. Thanks
Volker for all the feedback he is providing!

For details on this release changes, check as always the CLAM changelog
and the NetworkEditor changelog.

Best,

CLAM-team

believed to be clean.