[CLAM] Problems compiling on windows with scons

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jan 18 06:48:51 PST 2007

En/na Gregor van den Boogaart ha escrit:
> Hi!
>
> We run in to some problems compiling CLAM on windows. scons always
> complains about the QTDIR. Is it possible to build CLAM without QT?
> Which version of QT is needed, QT3 or QT4?

you need qt3 to compile clam. in the future (post 1.0) this will change.
qt4 is only needed to compile network editor and annotator apps.
i believe a qt3 evaluation (non gpl) copy is available
> Following a hint somewhere on the list we defined QTDIR as some
> existing, but useless path. Our scons installation then does not
> recognize the parameter "configure". If scons is started with "scons
> configure", it seems the parameter is ignored and the same error-message
> is given as without parameter:
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
>
> scons: *** Path does not exist for option prefix: /usr/local
> File "SConstruct", line 257, in setup_build_options
> Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in
> ignored
> Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in
> <bound me
> thod _DBWithCursor.__del__ of {}> ignored
>
> "scons -configure" and "scons --configure" are also not recognized.

i guess this is related to not finding qt. you need qt3 installed (or
change the scons files to skip the qtvm lib building)
> scons version: 0.96.1
> CLAM version: 0.96 (updated with svn)

you mean that you did a svn checkout, i guess.
> Any help, how compile process on windows should work is appreciated.

you could be interested to see what the testfarm client does
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/testfarm/details-windows_xp-2007-01-03-19-50-45.html

pau

believed to be clean.