[CLAM] Real-time application

Mr.SpOOn mr.spoon21 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:33:47 PDT 2007

Hi,
I'd like to create an application to record and play sounds in real time.

I've never used CLAM, but I'd like to learn it, and I want to know if
I can use it to create this application.

My idea is to have the possibility of recording something (i.e. my
hands clapping) and then have an object (a rectangle, for example) on
the screen which represents that sample. For every sample I record, I
have an object. For every object there is a menu where I can choose
some options: how many times to play that sound, or how long to loop
it... etc.

And I'd like to have the possibility to link objects to create more
complex objects or sequences.

Is CLAM good for this?

Thanks,
Carlo.