[CLAM] Network editor: wrong install location [solved]

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sat Mar 10 13:50:23 PST 2007

On Dissabte 10 Març 2007, Dominique Michel wrote:
> Le Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:11:24 +0100,
>
> Dominique Michel <dominique.michel at citycable.ch> a écrit :
> > Le Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:44:25 +0100,
> >
> > Dominique Michel <dominique.michel at citycable.ch> a écrit :

> > > I am trying with QTDIR="/usr". It find the header and include files. I
> > > will see later if the install location is correct.
> >
> > It didn't worked. Any clue?
> >
> > My qt version is 4.2.2
>
> I get it to install at the right location. It is a qt_plugins_install_path
> option in the sconstruct file that we can pass to scons.

You are right, that was the right solution. Sorry for being slow on the
answer.

Just use:
scons qt_plugins_install_path=whatever

Notice that 'whatever' should be the relative path from the prefix

So if you set the install_prefix=/usr then
qt_plugins_path=lib/qt4/plugins/designer

I realized that this is not convenient and it is not even documented on the
INSTALL file. So we should figure out a general solution which provides
proper defaults.

In linux, a general solution would be $QTDIR/plugins/designer but this is
unrelated to install_prefix and the install_prefix is needed for packaging
systems.

Usually Windows targets have not Qt installed, so QTDIR based path for plugins
has no sense at all for them. The current default for qt_plugins_path option
($install_prefix/bin/designer) is the one used in Windows. For Mac that is
not used at all by the bundle builder.