[CLAM] release_asserts

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Mar 15 06:19:53 PDT 2007

It is just a debugging option for development. Some CLAM assertions
(CLAM_DEBUG_ASSERT instead of CLAM_ASSERT) are enabled just in debug mode. We
use that option to disable this behavior and having them also in release
mode.

It happened some time ago that we got some bugs that behaved differently on
debug and release modes. Often the cause was placing effective code into a
CLAM_DEBUG_ASSERT. That option was a way to diagnose this. Now we take a lot
of care into not doing so and this option is not that used, but we keep it
just in case.

http://clam.iua.upf.edu/doc/CLAM-doxygen/Assert_8hxx.html