[CLAM] Re: [SMSBatch] how to compile

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Mar 7 07:42:42 PST 2007

> En/na giacomo.sommavilla ha escrit:
>> We just reached a slightly more stable version of our project, but
>> still we miss to update the CLAM version we are using (it is still
>> 0.6.1!!)

yes please update, because we can't provide support for very old versions.
and your project is indeed very interesting for clam-devs!

>> We work on debian "etch" and we wanted to compile the last SMSbatch
>> version (in order to generate .sdif files), but we weren't able.
>> We succeed to compile SMStools, but we don't know how to configure
>> SCons for compiling the batch version.

right. there wasn't such option till 5 minutes ago, so update (or
checkout) svn
$ svn co http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk clam

and follow CLAM/INSTALL
then execute scons in SMSTools and this will compile both SMSTools and
SMSBatch

>> we followed these steps:
>> ·) We added the right lines in the debian-repository in
>> "/etc/apt/sources.list"
>> ·) $ apt-get update
>> ·) $ apt-get install scons
>> ·) $ apt-get install libclam-dev
>> ·) we downloaded the last version of sms tools (0.4.5)
>> ·) $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc (this generated correctly
>> the deb package of smstools)
>>
>> Can you give us some hints?
yesterday we found that ubuntu packages where broken (probably debian
as well), so don't use packages till we fix them (this will happen soon)

cheers,
pau