[CLAM] Problems with MultiChannelAudioFileWriter

Fabio Furlanete ffurlanete at gmail.com
Sat May 5 13:05:09 PDT 2007

> > Thank you (again) for the amazing framework. We are using it in
> > our lab at UNICAMP/Brasil and we are impressed with it.
>
> Thanks. We are interested on the kind of things you want to do with CLAM.

Now we have two projects using CLAM: one about network sound games and
another about sound synthesis with artificial neural networks.

> > I have two newby questions:
> > 1) I can read mono audio files with MultiChannelAudioFileReader but I
> > can't write them with MultiChannelAudioFileWriter. When I've tried to
> > do this I've got a segfault. The code is attached. Is it correct? I'm
> > using the deb package for (k)ubuntu feisty.
>
> Does that happen with multichannel audio files? Maybe it is due to an
> configuration over restriction. You don't transfer other file parameters such as the samplerate.

No. It happens only with mono files. I'm using the same
AudioFileHeader extracted from the input file and modifying only the
file type based on the output's name extension. However, in my tests
I've always used the same extension for both input and output.

> A backtrace could be useful. You can generate it by running:

Here it goes:

(gdb) run clarinete.wav mtest.wav
Starting program: /home/ffurlanete/a.out clarinete.wav mtest.wav
[New Thread -1237316944 (LWP 8614)]
warning: Lowest section in /usr/lib/libicudata.so.36 is .hash at 000000b4

[Switching to Thread -1237316944 (LWP 8614)]
0xb7dcf502 in CLAM::AudioCodecs::Stream::WriteData () from
/usr/lib/libclam_audioio.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7dcf502 in CLAM::AudioCodecs::Stream::WriteData () from
/usr/lib/libclam_audioio.so.1
#1  0xb7d7e572 in CLAM::MultiChannelAudioFileWriter::Do () from
/usr/lib/libclam_audioio.so.1
#2  0x0804face in main ()