[CLAM] CLAM 1.3, 'Shooting flying plugins'
David García Garzón
dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Aug 13 04:12:58 PDT 2008
Please, spread it:
The CLAM team enraptured to announce the 1.3.0 release of CLAM , the C++
framework for audio and music, code name ''The Shooting of the Flying Plugins
Highlights of this release are:
- Automatic binary generation of LADSPA plugins containing the network you are
editing in NetworkEditor.
- Also a new simple API to code CLAM based Ladspa by hand. See 
- More FAUST integration into network editor: edit faust code, compile,
reload, view the svg diagrams (Natanael Olaiz GSoC)
- Lots of usability enhancements on the NetworkEditor: cut&paste, context
menus to connect ports, keyboard shortcuts, default double click actions, and
a processing tree filter (Natanael Olaiz GSoC)
- Annotator has also enhanced its functionality (Wang Jun GSoC):
- You can build a project that aggregates content from several extractors
- Extractors may have a config file
- Extractors can write back data (useful if the extractor is a database of
webservice and needs to upload modifications)
- New ProgressControl widget and paired AudioFileMemoryLoader processing to
support seeking (Pawel Bartkiewicz GSoC)
- A bunch of new 3D spatialization processings from CI Barcelona Media
audio research group.
- Scripts  and graphical front-end  to generate a native CLAM plugin
project from scratch.
- Experimental Python bindings 
- TickExtractor example is compiling again (many thanks to Amaury Hazan from
- Development deployment for Windows native compilation using MinGW (Wang Jun
And a lot of small nice features and fixes you will appreciate for sure.
Source and binary packages for different platforms are available at the CLAM
download page . See also: development screenshots , the CHANGELOG ,
and the version migration guide .
We are also very excited on what next releases promise us. Some ongoing work:
- Generating other types of network based plugins and programs (LV2, JACK,
- Subnetworks (Natanael Olaiz GSoC)
- Improved OSC support, 3D scene descriptors parametrization receivers
processings and Blender exporter to the spatialization processing
choreographer. (Natanael Olaiz GSoC) 
- Typed controls (Francisco Tufro GSoC)
- A new musician-oriented standalone chord extraction application (Pawel
 http://dadaisonline.blogspot.com/search/label/blender related blogging])
David García Garzón
(Work) dgarcia at iua dot upf anotherdot es
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the clam-users