[CLAM] ALSA, AudioIn & dropouts

Patrick Pogscheba Patrick.Pogscheba at gmx.de
Wed Dec 10 07:14:03 PST 2008

Hello,

I'm a new user of the clam-framework and i have a question about audio capturing. I've created an AudioIn-Object with the proper settings. For testing purposes i've written the audio from this to an audio file and encoutered many dropouts, especially when i'm moving the mouse. In other applications i don't get this behaviour from my audioinput. Each time a dropout occurs, there will be a "." in my terminal window. Do you guys have an idea why i get this behaviour ??

The Code:

        int _sampleRate = 8000;
        int _bufferSize = 256;

        AudioManager audioManager(_sampleRate,_bufferSize);

        AudioIOConfig cfgInLeft;
        cfgInLeft.SetDevice("default:default");
        cfgInLeft.SetChannelID(0);
        cfgInLeft.SetFrameSize(_bufferSize);
        cfgInLeft.SetSampleRate(_sampleRate);

        AudioIn inLeft(cfgInLeft);

        audioManager.Start();

        inLeft.Start();

        do
        {

            inLeft.Do();

        }
        while (i<100);

My System:
Ubuntu Studio (8.04) on a Intel Core Duo machine and Intel HDA sound.

Perhaps i'm missing something in my code to prevent the dropouts. I've worked through some of the examples, but couldn't get wiser on this...

thx in advance & greets

Patrock
--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a