[CLAM] compile question

Pablo Colapinto wolftype at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:47:28 PST 2008

Hi David

Thanks for your help.

I found this more specific error in the config.log

PKG_CONFIG_PATH='' --cflags --libs vorbisfile vorbisenc
sh: line 1: --cflags: command not found
scons: Configure: no

I have followed all the build instructions and checked
that "which pkg-config" points to /opt/local/bin/pkg-config.

I have confirmed that the .pc files exist in /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig

I have also tried making sure the PKG_CONFIG_PATH is set to this by writing

$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig

before running

$ scons configure

David García Garzón wrote:
> Yes, this list is the proper place to ask technical questions about CLAM.
>
> Maybe Pau could answer your question better than me as he did the last macosx
> build system changes. But as he is busy with his thesis i will try to answer
> the best i can.
>
> I supose you are following the wiki page to build for Mac[1].
> [1] http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Mac_OSX_build
>
> You might have a conflicting version of pkg-config installed. If you
> execute 'which pkg-config', it should point to /opt/local/bin/pkg-config if
> not follow the wiki troublesshooting instructions for that case.
>
> If you have further problems try to locate pkg-config files for those
> libraries. Such files have the .pc extension and a typical path for them
> could be /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig in mac. For example fftw3.pc
>
> David.
>

> On Thursday 28 Febrer 2008, Pablo Colapinto wrote:
>
>> Not sure if this is appropriate place to ask technical questions.
>>
>> I get the following dependency errors when I try "scons configure"
>> I'm running mac os x 10.4.11.
>>
>> Checking for fftw3 pkg-config file... no
>>
>> Checking for vorbisfile vorbisenc pkg-config file... no
>>
>> Any ideas?  pkg-config and fftw3 are both installed using sudo port install
>>
>> Thanks,
>> pc

>> Pablo Colapinto
>> Media Arts and Technology Program