[CLAM] compile question

Pablo Colapinto wolftype at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:06:36 PST 2008

Can't find any earlier errors.

I wonder where the PKG_CONFIG_PATH is set.
Is it imported from the Environment?  I don't see where.
Can I set it manually doing
opts.Add('PKG_CONFIG_PATH','/opt/local/bin/') or something?
I don't really know python yet . . .

I copied this from the SConstruct File:
note the last opts.Add line of code
---------------------
def load_config_file_to_env( env, dir ):
    opts = Options(dir+'/flags.conf')
    opts.Add( 'CPPPATH', 'CPP PATH')
    opts.Add( 'CCFLAGS', 'CC FLAGS')
    opts.Add( 'CPPFLAGS', 'CPP FLAGS')
    opts.Add( 'LIBPATH', 'LIB PATH')
    opts.Add( 'LIBS', 'libs to link')
    opts.Add( 'LINKFLAGS', 'LINKFLAGS') # This one added because on Mac
OS X we need additional '-framework OpenGL && AGL'
    opts.Add( 'pkg_config_available', 'PKG Config Available', 'False')
    opts.Update(env)

def save_config_file_from_env( env, dir ):
    # workaround due to bug in scons (if we add the flag after loading
it will add "" to the new flagand will fail
    opts = Options()
    opts.Add( 'CPPPATH', 'CPP PATH', '')
    opts.Add( 'CCFLAGS', 'CC FLAGS', '')
    opts.Add( 'CPPFLAGS', 'CPP FLAGS', '')
    opts.Add( 'LIBPATH', 'LIB PATH', '')
    opts.Add( 'LIBS', 'libs to link', env['LIBS'])
    opts.Add( 'LINKFLAGS', 'LINKFLAGS', '') # This one added because on
Mac OS X we need additional '-framework OpenGL && AGL'
    opts.Add( 'pkg_config_available', 'PKG Config Available', 'False')
    opts.Save(dir+'/flags.conf', env)

----------------------

David García Garzón wrote:
> Weird. It seems that at that point scons var $PKG_CONFIG is empty. It
> runs "$PKG_CONFIG --cflags...." and it seems to be executing " ---cflags...".
> That variable is filled in a previous check that should be failing. Take a
> look at earlier error messages.
>
> Pau, arround?
>

> On Friday 29 Febrer 2008, Pablo Colapinto wrote:
>
>> Hi David
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> I found this more specific error in the config.log
>>
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH='' --cflags --libs vorbisfile vorbisenc
>> sh: line 1: --cflags: command not found
>> scons: Configure: no
>>
>> I have followed all the build instructions and checked
>> that "which pkg-config" points to /opt/local/bin/pkg-config.
>>
>> I have confirmed that the .pc files exist in /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig
>>
>> I have also tried making sure the PKG_CONFIG_PATH is set to this by writing
>>
>> $ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig
>>
>> before running
>>
>> $ scons configure
>>
>> David García Garzón wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, this list is the proper place to ask technical questions about CLAM.
>>>
>>> Maybe Pau could answer your question better than me as he did the last
>>> macosx build system changes. But as he is busy with his thesis i will try
>>> to answer the best i can.
>>>
>>> I supose you are following the wiki page to build for Mac[1].
>>> [1] http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Mac_OSX_build
>>>
>>> You might have a conflicting version of pkg-config installed. If you
>>> execute 'which pkg-config', it should point to /opt/local/bin/pkg-config
>>> if not follow the wiki troublesshooting instructions for that case.
>>>
>>> If you have further problems try to locate pkg-config files for those
>>> libraries. Such files have the .pc extension and a typical path for them
>>> could be /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig in mac. For example fftw3.pc
>>>
>>> David.

Pablo Colapinto
http://www.wolftype.com