[CLAM] Multiple jack clients

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sat Jul 19 23:10:51 PDT 2008

On Diumenge 20 Juliol 2008, Carlos Pita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using clam for the first time. My platform is gnu linux with jack.
> Each time I press play/stop in the network editor a new jack client is
> created, while the old one is kept. The new client isn't automatically
> reconnected. So at the end my qjackctl connections graph is cluttered
> with a lot of clam dead clients and I'm forced to reconnect the new
> one each time. Is this intentional? Can I avoid that? Maybe I
> shouldn't play/stop the editor.
>
> Best regards
> -Carlos

This is a known bug we introduced when trying to solve a different one,
Previous bug made the jack client being eventually invalidated so that you
couldn't reuse it for a new play. We solved it by creating a new client when
the previous client died. The problems seems to be that clam seems to think
that the client died every time. A review of the whole jack support should be
done because other problems exist.

The bug is that grave that it should be addressed before the next release but
for the short term we have other priorities and we cannot address it right
now. Being open source, any patch solving the problem is welcome.

David.