[CLAM] CLAM: Oscilloscope.hxx: No such file or directory

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jun 10 03:03:23 PDT 2008

Gladly/sadly for researchers, recognizing polyphonic songs is more easy than
extracting their score. But scoring is still feasible in excerpts with few
polymorphism.

If you are playing with CLAM i would suggest to play a little with SMS
Analysis processings in the NetworkEditor. It has a 'Fundamental' frequency
output that gives you the pitch in hertz of a monophonic note. Sadly there is
no Fundamental view for that.

The Voice2MIDI example is a very simple application that uses SMS fundamental
frequency to extract midi from audio excerpts.

As you are more interested in the real pitch than the MIDI note, for the app
you want to build you would need a logaritmic scale Fundamental frequency
view with two inputs just to compare them. On input comming from an SMS
Analysis of a an AudioSource (that will be taken from the mic) and another
SMS Analysis from a MonoAudioFileReader configured to read the lesson you
want to learn.

Keep an eye on Pawell Bartkiewicz's GSoC project (Stand alone chord extraction
application), besides the library of widgets i mentioned before, he will
solve a lot of technical problems that could be useful for your project, like
file seeking with fast shortcuts for repeating an excerpt of a song and to
sincronize a realtime process with some previously analyzed data on
visualization.