[CLAM] CLAM: Oscilloscope.hxx: No such file or directory

Néstor Amigo Cairo nestorac at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 01:17:48 PDT 2008

2008/6/10 David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu>:
> Currently CLAM widgets are only available if you use them within the
> Prototyper, that is, the Prototyper loading the ui file (plus the network)
> without compilation.
>
> The only solution i find by now is to move the needed source files from
> NetworkEditor to your own project.
Ok! I'm going to do so.

> On the future, a side result of one of the GSoC projects will be providing
> them as a library you can link within your application, but it is not
> currently available.

It would be a great idea, since it's good stuff. I'm going to help if
it's possible, so we can get it a bit earlier.

> emusiclearn... just curious: what it is about?

I had been trying to learn to play violin for some years, but it's
hard to do so if you don't have someone to teach you (and it's not
always possible, everywhere). Practising violin many hours and making
mistakes which you don't realize on until you get to the teacher is
very annoying. That's one of the reasons I have almost left it many
times. BTW, musical recognition software is usually targeted at
specific scores, not for general purpose, and as far as I know, is
mainly used by aggresive copyright-enforcing agencies for recognizing
copyrigthed material, for example, in the Radio. It should be quite
easy to adapt some more general library, like Comparser (you can find
it Googling) for a more general purpose, and then, making an easy
interface so that it can be used for an artistic purpose. It can
easily recognize the harmonics on a certain sound and, not so easily,
measure the accuracy of the note, and it's exact duration. Same notes
should have approximately the same harmonics with the same instrument
by the same person, that's the easy way. Comparing different peoples'
performances is not so easy. It's all very like the Guitar Hero, but
including pitch accuracy. I should be happy if I could learn something
with it, and maybe in some years, practice to play violin with it (but
not a human substitute).
It's in planning stage, one of the first things I'm doing is to load
some wave files and showing them, this widget really fits my needs.
The next steps will be to perform some FFT transformations, and
showing them also. Then, Comparser will be used to analyze the data
and generate a tree of notes.

Thanks!!

--
Néstor Amigo Cairo