[CLAM]about SMSMorphing

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Tue Mar 11 19:37:19 PDT 2008

On 3/11/08, 吴志佳 <cathy_jiajia at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  I'm trying the SMSMorphing example in NetworkEditor to morph some sound samples. The output sounds turn out quite bad in quality (i.e. could hear two distinguish sounds from output,  some artfacts was introduced, the intensity of the sound was reduced, etc).  I'm wondering if I have something wrong with setting up the whole system or using the tools? Or it was made to be like that because it's just an example?  How can I use the SMS tools provided by CLAM to produce high quality morphing sounds, or do I need to implement these features by my own? I've tried to read the source code and the API documents, but still not quite understand how the morphing algorithm works? Can someone tell me where can I find detailed explanation on the SMS Morphing algorithm or implementation (i.e. mathematical expression, pseudo code of the core algo, etc)?

hi, sometime ago i posted in my blog some details and examples about
the SMSMorph implementation at NetworkEditor (check
http://audiores.uint8.com.ar/blog/?p=136) I'm not sure if there is
more documentation around that the code itself. I'd try with the
SMSTools morph implementation to compare the quality and then try to
improve the NE version (was only a first spike). I think i can help
with this.

>  b.t.w. I don't know if it is a bug, but my NetworkEditor occasionally crashed when I was playing the SMSMorphing examples. For the same network, it would play normally for the first time, but the second time when I press the play button, it crashed with a segmentation fault, and I had to restart the NetworkEditor again. It was not like that right after I just installed CLAM, but happened these two days. :-(

i can't remember something like that atm, if is not happening always
maybe is depending on the source wav files (if sometimes is happening
and sometimes not), a log/backtrace could be helpful...

>  Thanks very much for helping. If these doubts about morphing  were cleared , I would like to use CLAM in one of my school project. ;-p
>
>  Regards,
>  Zhijia

Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar