[CLAM] Devel/Windows MinGW cross compile

Patrik Ragnarsson deentarg at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:30:39 PDT 2008

I know this isn't specific to CLAM, but someone here may be able to
answear anyway.

I'm following the "Devel/Windows MinGW cross compile" guide on the wiki
(http://www.clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Windows_MinGW_cross_compile).

Everything is fine until I begin installing gtkmm. You are supposed to
let gtkmm install GTK+. I let the gtkmm installer download and start the
GTK+ installer. It runs fine for some time but then it stops when
installing files. I think Wine crashes or something (see attachment).

I have tried with another version of gtkmm (2.10.8-1) aswell as
installing different versions (2.10.7 and 2.12.9) of GTK+ separately but
they all crash Wine.

I don't know what to do next.

Wine is 0.9.59-0ubuntu4 and OS is Ubuntu 8.04 (2.6.24-16-server) and the
machine is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz.

Trying to understand how everything works... what do I need gtkmm and
GTK+ for? "for libxml++ and pkg-config" the guide says, but what does
that mean?

Any help is appreciated.