[CLAM] Voice2MIDI does not find

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jan 7 01:25:08 PST 2009

En/na Eduard Castells ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> As a user, I am interested in the Voice2MIDI functionality and, the
> first thing to say, is that it seems (from your wikis and doc) like
> the newest versions of CLAM do not seem to take in account this
> application. Can you please confirm your development and support
> roadmap for it?
>
> One of the reasons to ask that is that I tried two different
> installations in Musix-GNULinux and Windows XP and in both cases I
> obtained this message:
>
> "MIDI support is not available in your system", in Windows XP I had
> the conventional Microsoft software GS synthetiser and in Linux I had
> timidity++. Do I need something else?
>
> Thanks in advance.. bon any i molts regals de reis ;-)
> Eduard

Hola Eduard,
I'm afraid that improving Voice2Midi is currenlty not in the agenda of
core developers, and we neither test it often, so it might suffer
regressions.
However, please file a bug report (find the link in the web) for this
error -- it might be an issue easy to fix.

Also note that there is currently some efforts on bringing midi messages
into NetworkEditor  (which begun as a GSoC project), therefore, it is
likely that there will be a real-time network (and "prototyped"
applications) that converts audio to midi.

Salut!