[CLAM] How to resize(compress) spectrum

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jun 3 03:02:53 PDT 2009

The spectrum size depends on the audio size, we normally do zero padding (plus
windowing) to get higher spectral resolution so, if the final goal is to
display (not analysing) just take smaller windows or don't do zero padding. Or
if you still need higher resolution for analysis, do a different processing
branch for visualizing. But still I don't fully understand your motivation to
get smaller spectrums. SpectrumView shows the spectrum to whatever size just
by compressing the line drawing. If you don't mind to be aproximate you can
also get the bin with nearest frequency to the frequency that corresponds to
the pixel or being more acurate and do a pondered mean of the nearer n bins.

A Dimecres, 3 de juny de 2009 06:28:16, Саня Девайкин va escriure: