[CLAM] Clam Libraries

David García Garzón david.garcia at upf.edu
Mon Mar 8 11:20:36 PST 2010

By default, the configuration tries to build clam with two xml backends, libxml
and xerces, i guess that you are missing, at least, the second one.

If you are in ubuntu or debian it would be easier if you install the deb files
for karmic. Sorry, we are in the middle of the release and the download page
is not updated. But you can guess it:

deb http://clam-project.org/download/linux-ubuntu-karmic ./

A Dilluns 08 Març 2010 19:43:02, João Pedro Barbosa va escriure:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm trying to install the CLAM Libraries and I'm having quite some troubles
> in doing so.
>
> First, I visited the Source Pages
> (http://www.clam-project.org/download/src/) and there, I downloaded the
> CLAM.1.4.0.tar.gz file. Then, I've followed the 2. steps in the INSTALL
> instructions file inside, starting by changing the directory to CLAM:
>
> $ scons configure
> $ scons
> $ sudo scons install
>
> However, at the end of each execution of each command, I keep getting the
> same message:
>
> ############################################
> ### CLAM CORE DEPENDENCIES CHECKING  ###
> ############################################
> Checking for C++ header file xercesc/util/PlatformUtil.hpp... no
> Could not find xerces c headers! Defaulting to the null xml backend
> Check the config.log file for details
>

> Then, when I try running the g++, it always aborts with an error, saying
> that the .hxx headers couldn't be found. I can change the directory of the
> includes in the header files, but then, it would be a huge work to do this
> for all the CLAM header files, and I am sure there's a better way to
> accomplish this goal. Do I have to copy the /scr/ directory somewhere else
> or it's any other problem?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> João Barbosa

(Work) david dot garcia at upf anotherdot edu