[CLAM] Alsa Error trying to run the "simple Network Example"

Daniela Choquet fh at daniela-choquet.de
Mon Aug 8 01:08:48 PDT 2011

Hi!

Maybe someone can help me. I installed the libs and the networkeditor. If I run
a .clamnetwork File in the NetworkEditor and connect the output of the Editor
with the System in Jack, there is no error.

If I import the same .clamnetwork file in my code using the Example to run a
simple network file from the homepage (the
http://clam-project.org/wiki/Loading_and_playing_a_simple_network Example, no
changes and Build with the SConstruct from the homepage runs through without
errors) it shows ALSA errors when running und aborts:

Start
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:612:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only
playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
-9979
-9979
-9979
-9979
-9979
0
Portaudio Chosen API: ALSA 0
PortAudio: Chosen Output: HDA ATI HDMI: HDMI 0 (hw:1,3)
Expression 'SetApproximateSampleRate( pcm, hwParams, sr )' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1964
Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->playback, outParams,
self->primeBuffers, hwParamsPlayback, &realSr )' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2642
Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Configure( stream, inputParameters, outputParameters,
sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inputLatency, &outputLatency, &hostBufferSizeMode
)' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2763
PortAudio Error #-9997: Invalid sample rate
Default API 0
* ALSA (0)
	 (0/0)   *>  *>HDA ATI HDMI: HDMI 0 (hw:1,3) Inputs: 0 Outputs: 2
  OSS (1)
  JACK Audio Connection Kit (2)
	 (1/0)     *<*>system Inputs: 2 Outputs: 4
  skeleton implementation (3)

My Guess is, that it is an problem with the configuration of Jack. But I dont
know what it is exactly or how to fix it.

Maybe the following has something todo with it:
In the NetworkEditor, I have the Problem, that Jack (the GUI Frontend qJackCtl)
cant see the NetworkEditor-Output since I have started to run the Network for
the first time. When I run my own application in Eclipse, I cant see any Output
at all, so I cant connect anything...

Has someone an Idea?
Thanks for help in advance!
Daniela