[CLAM] Inquiry about chordextractor output file

Keiichiro Hoashi hoashi at kddilabs.jp
Thu Jan 6 04:31:49 PST 2011

David,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Let us check a little more detail about the XML file..

Here's a snippet from an XML file that was output by the chordextractor:

---
<AttributePool name="Chords_Harte" size="1028">0.464399 0.835918
0.835918 1.48608 1.48608 1.67184 1.67184 3.43655 3.43655 3.52943 ...
</AttributePool>
<ScopePool name="ExtractedChord" size="514">
     <AttributePool name="Root">
       <Enumerated>G</Enumerated>
       <Enumerated>C</Enumerated>
     </AttributePool>
     <AttributePool name="Mode">
       <Enumerated>Major</Enumerated>
       <Enumerated>Major</Enumerated>
     </AttributePool>
     </AttributePool>
   </ScopePool>
---

Based on our analysis, we're assuming that the above "Chords_Harte"
values indicate the start and end times (in secs) of each "segment".
Furthermore, we're also assuming that the chord extraction results
written in  <AttributePool name="Root"> and <AttributePool name="Mode">
express the chords of each extracted "segment". For example, the first
segment of the above input song is from 0.464399sec ~ 0.0835918sec, and
its estimated chord is "G" + "Major". Is this understanding correct?

Sincerely,

KH

(2011/01/05 23:51), David García Garzón wrote:
> Not about the XML format itself but about the concepts used by the format
> (Segmentations, FrameDivisions, Attributes and Scopes)...
> http://clam-project.org/wiki/Manual_Annotator
>
> In short: Attributes are the data holders. They hold a value for each element
> of a given scope (each song, frame, or segment). There is a top level scope
> (Song) and then some special attributes define new scopes (FrameDivisions and
> Segmentations).
>
> You have two xml files:
> - description scheme: defines a collection of attributes and their properties:
> type, name, scope, documentation...
> - description data: holds the attribute values for a given song.
>
> At the end of the NetworkEditor tutorial there is an explanation of the data
> you can find in that concrete example:
> http://clam-project.org/wiki/Network_Editor_tutorial#Tonal_Analysis
>
> Also Chordata provides an interactive interface for all that:
> http://clam-project.org/wiki/Chordata_tutorial
>

> On Wednesday 05 January 2011 09:18:26 Keiichiro Hoashi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any documentations which explain about the format of the XML
>> output file of chordextractor.exe?
>>
>> We have just started using CLAM a while ago, and are struggling to find
>> relevant info from the CLAM web page, wikis, etc...
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice,
>>
>> KH

Keiichiro Hoashi, Dr. Eng.
Intelligent Media Processing Lab,