[CLAM] Ubuntu oneiric build?

Murray Meehan murray.meehan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:56:47 PST 2012

Well, that *should* not be an insurmountable problem.

I installed the most recent CLAM development build on 64-bit Ubuntu 11.04
from source, for a school project 6 months ago, and wrote a shell script
which downloads and compiles all dependencies. If you would like to try the
manual approach then it may help.  (
http://web.uvic.ca/~meehanmw/clam/EZ-CLAM.sh)

Ubuntu 11.10/Oneiric supports running multiple-architecture libraries
concurrently, as described here:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/new-features-in-ubuntu-11-10-oneiric.html

I haven't tried 11.10 yet, but from the info given their I doubt their will
be any truly insurmountable problems. I will try to give it a try next
week, and write an 11.10-64bit version of my script. Either that or I will
learn how to build .deb packages, but that sounds difficult.

- Murray -